A cataract is the clouding of the eye’s natural lens. During cataract surgery, this clouded lens is removed and replaced with an artificial lens called an intraocular lens (IOL). There are many different types of IOLs available on the market today, including standard and premium. If you are considering cataract surgery, our team will speak with you regarding the different IOLs and which one is right for you.
Premium IOLs are specifically designed to provide a better range of vision after cataract surgery, which means you will not need to rely as much on glasses to see clearly. There are several different kinds of premium IOLs, including:
- Toric IOLs: These are single-focus lenses designed for people who have astigmatism.
- Multifocal IOLs: These contain more than one focusing power in each lens and help individuals to focus up close, at middle range, and far in the distance.
- Accommodating IOLs: These cause the muscles in your eyes to adjust their focusing power to allow you to see clearly at closer distances.
- Extended Depth of Focus IOLs: These are similar to multifocal IOLs, but with less focusing power. However, glare and halos are not as big of a problem with these lenses.
TRUST THE RESULTS
" Professional, Knowledgeable and Attentive"
Dr. Archana Gupta is very professional, knowledgeable, and attentive. Her office staff members Kira and Maria are polite, friendly, and very helpful. I would highly recommend this Dr. Gupta and her office.
Dr. Archana Gupta is the Best for Cataract Surgery
Dr. Archana Gupta is the best for Cataract surgery in South Florida. The Staff Ms. Kira and Ms. EV are awesome and knowledgeable. Keep it up! Regards
"Professional, Excellent and Thorough"
I thought it was very professional. The exam was excellent. Very thorough. The technician was great and the doctor is wonderful. The doctor was very calming.
Premium IOLs offer patients the possibility of freedom from glasses following cataract surgery. This means you won’t have to worry about buying glasses, keeping the prescription current, or remembering to wear them or bring them with you every day. Ideal candidates for these IOLs include those who:
- Prefer not to wear glasses on a daily basis.
- Do not have other eye problems.
- Do not mind an extra out-of-pocket cost.
If you are considering premium IOLS, do not hesitate to speak with Dr. Gupta regarding your options.
KNOW YOUR DOCTOR
Cataract Surgeon, Opthalmologist, Cornea & External Diseases Specialist
Dr. Archana Gupta is a board certified ophthalmologist. She specializes in cataract, cornea, external diseases and refractive surgery.
At Advanced Eye Surgeons, we will work with you to find the IOLs that best fit your vision needs. Please contact our Boca Raton & Tamarac, FL offices today to schedule your consultation appointment, which is your first step toward clearer vision.
If you have a question or would like to schedule an appointment, please fill out and submit the form below.
“Everyone deserves to witness the beauty of our world in its full glory.”